Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thoughs on 2001: A Space Odyssey

2001 is one of my favorite movies. What Kubrick managed to create, in terms of special effects, all the way back in 1968 was simply amazing. Watch the movie and think about the lack of CGI and how good the space scenes look when compared to Star Wars, a movie released almost a full decade later.

The production part where I wish I could have been a fly on the way was where the opera singers must have been gathered to record the "monolith scenes". I can just picture the singers being handed the music and thinking "are you serious? This is just fifteen pages of the letter 'e'." Must have been funny and I wish I could have seen that but having not yet been born it would have made logistics rather difficult.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Great movie.
Chrissy hates it. While she likes SciFi, there are 2 movies she has stated that she will never watch again. Tron, and 2001.