Wednesday, June 10, 2009

San Francisco? Seattle? Vancouver? Fairbanks?

I'm thinking of getting out of town July 4th. I think San Francisco is the current front-runner. I'd like to take a camera and just walk a few key areas of the city to take some snaps. I should have my new DSLR camera by then (I hope) if I'm able to make enough money on-call to cover the rather high cost.

The old cameras are no longer cutting it. My old Sony (a great camera back in the day) has a failing CCD sensor and the other cameras just don't take very good pictures. Having access to raw image files is, admittedly, an attractive option.

Flights on Southwest to San Francisco are surprisingly affordable. Why not? I'd love to get a picture of Alcatraz from the Golden Gate, the single photo that eluded me on my last trip to San Francisco in 1992.

2 comments:

Tanner Lovelace said...

I heard that late last week, round trip from RDU to San Fran was running $124!

Parlez à la Main said...

How right you are, Tanner. I can't believe the prices. It would help offset the expense of staying there, that's for sure. If I want those rates I'm going to have to pull the trigger.. and quickly.