Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Well that sucks

Going though a divorce is no fun. Leaving home and setting up a new one, alone and in a new place, is expensive in both financial and emotional terms. Today I looked at my carpets and said to myself "wow, Greg, I you really need a decent vacuum that actually pulls something up from the carpet" and with that I decided to purchase a Dyson.

I love Dyson vacuums. Sturdily built and incredible to behold (as much as a vacuum can be) they are the proof rock against which all other dry carpet cleaning devices must be judged. Roomba you say? Ok, that's more cool technically but I've never seen anything pull grime out of a carpet like a Dyson can.

During shopping I settled on a newish, somewhat small DC24 "ball" vacuum. So far I'm not impressed with this unit. First two things were broken out-of-the-box. Most damning of the two was the brushes, which have no decipherable height adjustment mechanism, did not work out of the box. I might have been able to overlook this in a house with all pergo or hardwoods but, no, with carpets everywhere except the kitchen and bathroom I kind of need that function.

So back into the box the vacuum went but when I got back to Super Target it was closed!

I swear, some days this whole thing I'm going through feels like a god-d#!$ conspiracy. I know it's not but it feels like it. My two meter ham radio does not work. I can't reception on my ham HT. I damn near crippled myself carrying a heavy load up a flight of the most oddly sized steps I've encountered in some time. I move within walking distance of my office and I hear my office is someday moving. When? Beats me.

But the I have to remember how truly bad a lot of people really have it. Comparatively my life is a cakewalk and I would do well by myself to remember that fact. Nobody likes a whiner. Winner yes. Whiner no. With that I'll shut up.

No comments: