Monday, September 21, 2009

dealing with Cougars

I've been living the not-so-exciting life of a (nearly) 40 year old man for a bit now and I just read some bullet points from an article that I'd like to pass along. File these under "Dealing with Cougars".

Although cougars will normally avoid a confrontation, all cougars are unpredictable - good point. Granted I've not been single for very long but so far I'd have to agree.

Always give a cougar an avenue of escape. Nobody likes feeling trapped. This seems like common sense.

Stay calm. Talk to the cougar in a confident voice. It sounds easy. But when you haven't dated in nearly 15 years, well, that 'confident swagger' doesn't immediately come back.

Pick all children up off the ground immediately. I remain forever mystified why people bring children to bars in the first place.

Do not turn your back on the cougar. Face the cougar and remain upright. Unless, of course, you are invited back to her place to get horizontal. I hear this does happen.

Do all you can to enlarge your image. I think this helps regardless of age bracket.

Oh, wait.. this article was not talking about the dating scene at all. Ok, move along, nothing to see here.

No comments: