Saturday, September 19, 2009

vacation plans 2010

Ok, I'm putting together some odd ideas.

First: Aokigahara Forest, Japan

If you've heard of this place you probably have because it is a noted destination for Japanese who wish to commit suicide the woods are reported to be haunted. Don't read to much into that. I want to go because once past the first mile or two it is supposed to be one of the more incredible places in the world, as far as scenery goes.

Things I don't know that I have to figure out:
a) how to get from Narita Airport to Aokigahara.
b) I'd like to find a place to stay close by where I could check in one day, head off into the woods, take a boat-load of pictures then check back in four days later. Yup, that's right I wan to camp in the woods for four nights and emerge back on the 5th day (then fly home on the 6th).
c) is camping even allowed in the forest? Are permits required? If so how do I get them?
d) is this as nutty as it sounds to me as I type this?

Plan B: This one is so ridiculous I best not even mention it yet. I'd probably chicken out in the first place.

No comments: