Thursday, June 26, 2008

McCain - Liberman?

As hard as it might be to believe this might be the "Republican" ticket announced in the next few weeks. I don't think this ticket would work however. Evangelicals don't like McCain and neither do hard-core conservatives. Adding the "democrat" Lieberman would surely piss that crowd off even more so than they are now, but I'm not sure that really matters. Really, is an Evangelical going to vote for Obama? Doubtful. Abstaining from the vote is an option, but that would help Obama who is turning out record numbers of new voters registered. That said McCain might go with a super-conservative, maybe even someone crazy enough to bring their deceased child home from the hospital so the other children can be properly introduced.

A McCain/Santorum ticket? That's too frightening to comprehend. I'm kind of upset I even thought about it. If that is announced I'm going to sign up ever voter I can. I'll canvas from my home town to areas where I can't get 911 service in Durham and all places in-between.

Obama/(to be named later) That's the winning ticket.

No comments: