Monday, June 9, 2008

This weekend at unbearably hot at the beach

Temperatures soared well into the 90s and they flirted with 100 all weekend long. I'm not sure if we hit the century mark or not but it wasn't from lack of trying. Saturday was smoky too boot. Smoke from the massive wildfire in Eastern NC had blown through our area and left a cloudy haze over the entire place all day on Saturday. Yuk.

Parts of Highway 64 where very smoky. The area around Columbia, NC was the worst. Visibility was greatly diminished. Smoke that made its way past the cabin filter burnt my eyes and inflamed my lungs the trip out and back.

But it was still fun to get out there, don't get me wrong. My Roku player did not arrive before my birthday this past weekend and I hope to find it on the front porch tonight. We'll see.

I'm in town this weekend and it looks like it's going to be another hot one. I'll have to get up early on Saturday or Sunday to squeeze in a scooter ride before it gets unbearably hot.

No comments: