Saturday, September 6, 2008

Goodbye, vacation!

Tomorrow I leave the Waves/Rodanthe/Salvo area and return to work. Drat. I love my job, I really do, but I love the beach more. But without the job I can't afford the beach. I feel a bit like an addict in this way. There's something I want that I get on occasion (week at the beach) but I have to work the other 40+ weeks a year for these all-too-short weeks in view of the salt water.

But enough bitching. A lot of strange things happened this week. Of them several things I could not have anticipated occurred including:

1. coming out of "retirement" after 20 years any playing bouncer for a night
2. breaking up a fight
3. getting punched
4. applying the perfect rear naked choke to said puncher
5. configuring a Cisco router (don't I get enough of this at my "real job"?)
6. replacing two cable modems
7. riding out a tropical storm

I'm sure I'll think up some more, but quite a bit happened over what was a very lazy week. I can only imagine what would have happened had I not been so lazy and slept so late each day!

Oh, and it was HOT this week. HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT. Too darn not, as a matter of fact. This was one reason why I was so lazy - it was just too darn hot to stay outside for any measure of time (especially on the beach - you'd blister your skin out there in under one hour (not really, but it felt that way)). Next year when we plan our later summer/fall week at the beach we'll probably come down in October.

Goodbye, vacation. You were a good vacation and I hope that every member of my readership enjoys a vacation this year as satisfying as mine.

No comments: