Monday, September 22, 2008

Roku delivers a disturbing movie

Saturday I had it pretty easy. All I had to do was mow the grass, dust, light and crank up the gas log fireplace for 90 minutes to prime it for the winter season and take the mower into the shop for a once-over.

But what to do for the 90 minutes while the gas longs were burning on high while Kelly was out shopping? Watch a documentary on the Roku, of course.

I have many, many movies in my "Watch Instantly" queue just waiting for a moment like this. Paying close attention to running length I selected "Snuff: A Documentary About Killing On Camera" and now a big part of me wishes I had not.



I'm going to do something a little different. Instead of writing up the rest of the review in my blog I'm going to link to a separate text file that you can click and read. This movie was downright disturbing so for most readers I'd simply say leave well enough alone and do not read the rest of the review (spoilers, not to mention descriptions of disturbing content) or watch the movie. Just like the fictionalized account of a Snuff film in the major release 8mm, there are things you cannot "unsee", and this documentary, albeit a very well-made film, is one of them.

No comments: