Sunday, January 25, 2009

What the Apple iPod Touch is missing

The iPod Touch should have been built with an infrared doohickey. Why? I could replace 10,000 remotes with applets from various manufactures through the iTunes store. My touch goes with me everywhere and it's never far from my right hand at home. At least check I had seven remotes lying around the living room. It would be fantastic to combine all those into a single device and I think the touch would have served that role very effictively.

1 comment:

Tanner Lovelace said...

I've got an infrared extender that's supposed to let you use your remote when the thing being controlled is in a different room. I wonder if you could use the same principle and come up with a base that the Touch could connect to using wifi and have it send out the IR commands. It wouldn't be as good as what you suggest, but it might be a good compromise.