Friday, May 15, 2009

got me a brand new key

Two actually, one for my apartment mailbox (looks much like a P.O. Box) and one for my dead bolt of my front door. I'd be moving some stuff into the new place but my carpets are being cleaned at the moment. Tomorrow is the day of the "big move" anyway at a time to be name later, between noon and six. Saturday night and Sunday I'll spend putting beds and tables together and what-not.

Monday it's back to work for the shortest commute I've ever had in my life (100 yards? tops, if that) and back to the apartment to meet the Time Warner guy for television and Internet install. After that it's off to the Apple Store for a new Time Capsule (I'd use my Mac mini with a USB drive except my mini is old and has USB 1.0 only, even if I had a large enough firewire 400 drive can you imagine a restore? Oh, you say, firewire is 400 meg, but the Ethernet connection through which I'll be backing up and restoring is a 100 meg bottleneck. Restores take long enough as they are, no need to increase the time. I'll just "blow" the extra $500 on a 1 TB Time Capsule and be done with it.)

Anyway, I digress. Today I briefly entertained the idea of going back to Kelly's house and taking the futon with me so I could have a place to sleep and therefore spend the night in my new place but I decided against it. I have to go back there tomorrow and I hate saying goodbye to my dogs. For those that don't understand what it's like to really share you life with a dog laugh all you want and call me stupid or insane. But for those that know there are times in life the when only thing you can depend on is your dog, well, imagine having to leave them behind at the same time knowing you're doing the right thing. It is not easy, nor is it any fun.

World's Greatest Dog Ricki-Beep



World's Greatest Dog Mister Boo



Yes, they are co-holders of the title.

No comments: