Sunday, May 31, 2009

Things to do

1) get dynamips configured and working properly on my MBP. I need to get studying and completing labs for the CCIE next year.

2) investigate if I really want that 24" LED monitor made specifically for the Mac laptops. I'm operating my 15" MBP in lid-closed mode using a 19" Dell plasma. It works well enough but for labs where I have to have half a dozen Cisco images booted and running the extra real estate would be a welcomed advantage. I'm also considering the 30" Apple monitor but I don't think the MBP can push the 30" to high resolutions.

3) Figure out what in the world is wrong with my 2 meter radio. I can't send or recieve a signal for poo in this place. I refuse to believe I've moved to a giant faraday cage in Durham. There's got to be something wrong with the power supply, radio or antenna.

4) Fix my Apple TV, perhaps upgrade the HD for a solid state drive. I'm bummed I can't stream my music and watch all my movies as I am accostomed.

5) Send Time Warner a thank you letter (see following graphic). As always the upload speed could be better but I can't agrue with the download speed. No sir, I sure can't do that (and the time is way off on the graphic - I was not surfing at 3:22 AM though it could have been that time somewhere around the globe).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, it's GMT time, I'm I'm guessing you ran the test at 11:22pm EST. ;-)

john said...

If you're MBP is semi-recent it should be able to push the 30" fine.

john said...

Good god I'm embarrassed. That should be "your".

Tanner Lovelace said...

If you want, I can help out with the radio investigation. Your idea of a faraday cage might not be too far off. :-/