Saturday, February 28, 2009

My long-term love/hate relationship is over

Today I dropped my much despised Motorolla Razr.  I've hated this phone for close to four years and today I can look its cracked screen and know that soon a new phone will be mine and this one will hit the electronics recycling pile.

But now what to do?  Transfer my number to a new 3G iPhone?  The company will pay for my cell phone plan but not a data plan.  This makes billing with the iPhone difficult but not unworkable.  With a bonus around the corner an iPhone might be the solution.  

Trouble is AT&T coverage at my house is crap.  I'll need to invest in a G3 repeater.  This adds another $350 or so to the overall package price but if the wife and I are both going to be proud iPhone owners it makes sense, I think.

First and foremost: look into 3G repeaters.

No comments: