Saturday, February 14, 2009

My old Macbook

So I'm setting up the old Macbook for my pop out in Arizona (my family inherits all my old Macs). I set up OS X for him.. that was a snap. He's an avid geocacher and wants Windows on there as well so I tried to set up Boot Camp for the first time. Partitioning was easy enough and I have a valid XP license I used back in my University of Phoenix days. One thing struck me right off the bat about the XP installer: it's butt ugly!! Really.. that blue scree and horrible fonts. Ick.

I liked the OS X installer better but all truths told I prefer most Linux installers over both. Scritable and straight-forward Linux really seems to make installation easy.

Well crap. Bad news. My XP installer blue screened 'o death on me. I haven't seen the dreaded blue screen in two or three years. Better go figure out what bombed.

Caio.

1 comment:

Tanner Lovelace said...

Just have him run GSAK through VMWare or Parallels. That works just fine and it can show up as an icon in the dock so you just click it to bring it up.