Thursday, February 5, 2009

Today has been a long day at the tail end of a LONGER week

This week is nearly over and I will be happy when it's behind me. Nothing terribly "wrong" is happening at work it's just that EVERYTHING is happening all at once! Could not some of these projects have waited until the other ones finished? Not only that but why do all the "mission critical" projects start at once?

Today I did not do my 2nd workout of the day when I got home. I went grocery shopping instead. The two "kids" that checked me at the, well, checkout isle both looked 10 years old! I'm sure they were at least whatever the minimum working age happens to be (16?). It's just confirmation that the big FOUR-OH is looming on the horizon like a giant sledgehammer waiting to bash me over the head. Yes, I'm getting ahead of myself as I'll turn 39 this year but for DECADES of being "the young guy" putting that behind is difficult but something I'm sure I'll grow accustomed to.

2 comments:

Tanner Lovelace said...

When is your birthday? Mine is 3 weeks from yesterday and I, too, will be hitting XXXIX.

Parlez à la Main said...

June 6th. D-Day, just a few years after the event of course.