Friday, May 2, 2008

Photoshop class

I am really enjoying my Photoshop class taken via Durham Tech's School of Continuing Education Ed2Go program. Why take a class? Why not just get a book? For whatever reason I find it easier to complete a class than self-train. Between work, home, keeping two households up and running, etc, my "free time" amounts to less than what I would like. Hence if I take a class with schedules and tests I am more likely to make time because I don't want to get behind. It just works out better for me.

Another advantage is I do not skip ahead to the one thing I want to learn thus bypassing 99.9999999999999% of the functionality of the program. I've learned quite a bit so far about color correction and that kind of thing, more than I would have if I had picked up a book.

The next program I'd like to learn is Final Cut Express and I think I'll be learning that via Apple's One to One program as I can find few offerings for local training.

No comments: