Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm *ouch* alive

It wasn't bad at all. The worst part of the surgery was, well, there was not really a worst part. The good people at Duke Raleigh Hospital where terrific, really wonderful people. The Bier Block wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered either. The only minor discomfort was having both my IV (left arm) and hep lock (right hand) done at the same time. The nurse who did my IV went through the vein the first time so I had to have that done twice but even that was no big deal.

I've got some bruising on my left arm where I had the IV and my right middle finger hurts like hell but otherwise I'm fine. I have some before and after pics that I'll post later.

I can't say enough good things about Duke Raleigh Hospital. The staff was wonderful. Everyone had a smile and put me 100% at ease from the moment I walked through the front doors until I was wheeled out 3.5 hours or so later. If I ever have same-day surgery performed again for any reason my vote is to return to Duke Raleigh Hospital again.

I'm going back to bed for a while. I think the pain meds are kicking back in. Off to la-la land.

No comments: