Tuesday, March 18, 2008

jst bac frm the ER

I managed to fillet open my right middle finger pretty good. D'oh. I had made a salad and I heard something tumble into the sink while eating. I took notice then forgot. Whoops. That something was a very sharp Heinkle knife that landed, you guessed it, upside down. I remembered when I placed my bowl into the sink. YOWZA!!

Luckily, no stitches. Before anyone goes and throws the wimp card let me tell you that I am having minor outpatient surgery on this very same finger in just eight day's time. So I had to have the wound properly cleaned to ensure there was no chance of infection, blah blah. Plus the triage nurse really thought that I was going to get at least two stitches (and I did as well) but, like James Goodfellow, I clot well (I think only ex-Oculan will get that reference, and then only maybe). :)

I do, however, have a very big splint on my finger that reminds me of someone who suffers from mallet finger. I should get my splint off just a couple days ahead of the next one following my surgery.

Night all.

No comments: