Friday, July 4, 2008

Apple.. let's be friends again, ok?

Today my Mac is off somewhere being repaired and I am stuck surfing on the couch with my work-issued T42 Thinkpad. The Thinkpad is a nice machine and the corporate-issued desktop is functional, but it's just not a Mac. When asked to compare the Mac vs PC I say that working with a Mac is like working with a computer that was designed and through through to work as in instrument to further the experience of the user. Using a PC feels like sitting in a cave, bashing away on a clay tablet with the hopes that the tablet won't break and someone may someday decipher what you were trying to say.

So, Apple, I do hope you get that hard disk thing worked out. This really should have been handled by a recall instead of just hoping that the disks wouldn't fail in record numbers. In short, the whole "disk failure" syndrome could have been managed better but that said, I just want my Mac back. Please?

3 comments:

Neil Anderson said...

Hope your Mac comes back soon! Caves are so dreary.

Anonymous said...

I've had great support at an Apple Store. I'm lucky to live where there are actually a couple of them within a half-hour from me. Did you try going there, or is there not one available to you?

Parlez à la Main said...

Oh, I went to the Apple store and the guys (and girls) there were very understanding. When my name was called I simply said "dead macbook, question mark folder at bootup" and from there my Mac's battery was removed (to get the serial number) and a form was printed and I was told "we'll contact you". That contact took about 48 hours. The local apple store was very professional. I'm glad I have them around too!!!