Monday, July 21, 2008

radio in hand

Ok, here goes nothing. A friend at work, Heath Roberts, also known as KD4DNX, brought in his Motorola MTS 2000 into work. I had no idea Heath was a HAM operator. As it turns out he has had his license for over 20 years, or nearly that long.

Now it's time to do what I've been dreading: make my first radio contact. I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. Hopefully I won't make too big an idiot out of myself!

Be it known that I transmitted using my license at 11:59 am, 21 July 2008. Nobody responded. I think that is a good thing!

3 comments:

Tanner Lovelace said...

Hey, I didn't know Heath was a ham either or that you worked with him. He's the one that gave me the Laserjet 8150 I mentioned on IM earlier. I know him through his wife Linda who is a geocacher. Small world, eh?

What frequency did you try calling on?

Mark Turner said...

Let me know if you ever want to key up a Raleigh repeater and we'll have a chat!

73,
Mark N4JMT

Parlez à la Main said...

I was on the Rollesville repeater at 147.315 Mhz. The radio went along with me to work today so maybe I'll do some chatting today.

For Tanner: Heath is in my group. We both work for the same boss though we do drastically different jobs, for the most part.