Saturday, July 12, 2008

I passed!!!

I took my HAM radio Technician License test today and passed with flying colors! I managed to get 34 out of 35 questions correct. I was very happy with my score though I don't know what question I got wrong. One of the VEs asked if I'd like to try the General License test and I wimped out!!!! I should have tried it, after all there was truly nothing to lose. Oh well, I was happy passing my Technician License exam for today and still am.

Now The Watch starts. In about four days my name should be posted to the FCC database along with my call sign. You'd better believe I'll know what my call sign is the day it is assigned.

I can't quite say "73" just yet, but I'm close.

:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Ana said...

Ditto what matt said!
My friend Doug is trying to convince me to do that. I really find I have only a little desire, though I understand the benis.
So, huge congratulations to you, Greg! What about the wife? She certified, too, so you can ham it up? (ooooh, the pun. didn't mean the pun...)

Marshall Sherard KE4ZNR said...

Congrats from KE4ZNR!
Let me know if you have any NC radio related questions!
Marshall Sherard KE4ZNR
KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
http://www.radioreference.com